Approximately 27 square miles in land size, with a population of 65,672, Weston is located in southwestern Broward County, Florida. Initially conceived as a master-planned community, Weston was incorporated in 1996. Well managed growth has given rise to one of South Florida’s most desirable communities, both residential and corporate. Weston’s culturally diverse population enjoys a vibrant community, whose lifestyle, appearance and management style cities around the world wish to emulate.
Weston has the distinction of having:
- A-rated public schools and excellent private schools
- Outstanding public safety and the lowest crime rate per capita in the County
- Fourteen meticulously maintained park and recreational facilities which play host to cultural and community events and tens of thousands of registrants in organized sports leagues
- A Community Center which offers a variety of year-round enrichment classes and programming for all ages and interests, and a family YMCA within the City’s regional park
- The lowest combined property taxes, municipal taxes and fees in the County
- The lowest millage rate in the County
- The lowest ratio of employees per 1000 population in the County
- AAA credit ratings
- Visually distinctive, Weston’s extensive landscaping is without dispute one of the City’s greatest assets
Weston encompasses a diverse corporate and retail climate that includes Fortune 500 companies, owner-operated retail establishments, restaurants, warehouses and a range of other businesses. Restaurants and clubs, from casual to chic, and the beautiful Mediterranean styled Town Center downtown shopping and office complex, provide residents and visitors with an array of culinary, nightlife and shopping experiences. Weston is also home to five nationally recognized hotels and resorts offering accommodations for every need. The natural environment that surrounds and is encompassed within Weston is as unique as its lifestyle. Weston borders the Florida Everglades and the City maintains over 2,200 acres of wetland preserves, supporting a diverse ecological population.
Weston Homes for Sale
IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, noncommercial use, and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. All data is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate.